Enchant your equipment with various defensive and offensive gems. Purchase gems from the jeweler, find gems randomly dropped from monsters in the wild, or collect gems from your Daily Login Bonus. You will also find unique gems available as Event rewards. Embed gems into open gems slots in your equipment to make use of each gem.
To embed, right-click on the gem, then left-click on an item with an empty gem slot. Embedding gems is free. Remove and combine gems at the Jeweler for a price in coins.
Cost of Adding Gem Slots
The Jeweler can add slots to all objects up to a maximum of 5. The price to add an additional slot is dependent only on the rarity of the item and number of addition.
|Item type||1st slot||2nd slot||3rd slot||4th slot||5th slot|
|Basic, First 0-4 slots free||10||30||50||110||320|
|Improved, First 0-4 slots free||20||50||160||480||1440|
|Magic, First 0-4 slots free||100||270||530||1000||3200|
|Extraordinary, First 1-4 slots free||400||1000||3200||9600||28800|
|Legendary, First 2-4 slots free||1600||4200||12800||38400||115000|
|Uniques, First 4 slots free||2400||6400||19200||57600||172800|
|Capes, First 1 slot free||2400||6400||19200||57600||172800|
There are 6 types of gems. Each type gives a specific type of enchantment:
- Ruby: Damage
- Onyx: Critical hit value
- Sapphire: % Faster attack speed
- Cyanite: Armor value
- Diamond: All Resistance value
- Amethyst: Hitpoints (health value)
Each type of gem has also 9 tier levels (Flawed, Splintered, Simple, Gem, Polished, Radiant, Flawless, Sacred, and Royal). The higher the tier, the better the enchantments. Combine 3 gems of the same type and tier, at the Jeweler, to create another gem of higher tier. This is the only way to get radiant, flawless, sacred and royal gems.
Note: Different gems, or gems of different tiers cannot be combined.
All gems and bonus
Gems can also be sub-divided in two classes:
- Offense (Ruby, Onyx and Sapphire) - embed in weapons and weapon decoration
- Defense (Cyanite, Diamond and Amethyst) - embed in armor, offhand weapon and jewelry
Defense gems are cheaper and have higher drop rates than Offense gems.
|Increases XP rewards by 5%||Daily Login Bonus||Armor, Jewelry|
|Jewel of Immunity||+15 Maximum damage, +30 Critical hit value||Defeat the Undefeatable I & II||Helmet, Cape||5 97 78|
|Solstice Star||+5 Rage/Mana/Conc., +1% Health||Winter Solstice Festival 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015||Helmet, Cape||5 97 78|
|Crystal Solstice Star||+10 Rage/Mana/Conc., +5% Health||++||Helmet, Cape||5 97 78|
|Crystal Snowflake||+3% Health||Winter Solstice Festival 2015||Helmet, Cape||1 99 26|
|Crystal Solstice Moon||+3% increased resistance to the cold||Winter Solstice Festival 2015||Helmet, Cape||1 99 26|
|Festive Fluorite Crystal||+3,0 increased critical hit value||Winter Solstice Festival 2015||Helmet, Cape||1 99 26|
|Concentrated Solstice Crystal|| +4 % more Health Points|
+4 % increased resistance to the cold
+4 % increased critical hit value
|Winter Solstice Festival 2015||Helmet, Cape||1 99 26|
+11 Hitpoints, +22 Armor value, +33 Andermagic resistance
|Terrifying Shadows||Helmet, Cape||1 99 26|
|Jewel of Rage||
+5% Critical damage,
|Defeat the Undefeatable III, IV, V, VI & VII, VIII, IX||Helmet, Cape||5 97 78|
|Jewel of Timeless Rage||
+6% Critical damage,
|++||Helmet, Cape||5 97 78|
|Onyx Skull||Regenerates 7,5 Health Points per second||Curse of the Black Knights - Rise of Dragan||Helmet, Cape||1 99 26|
|Fortified Onyx Skull||Regenerates 8,0 Health Points per second||Curse of the Black Knights - Dragan's Conspiracy||Helmet, Cape||1 59 26|
|Powerful Onyx Skull||Regenerates 20,0 Health Points per second||++||Helmet, Cape||1 99 26|
|Cut Peridot||Mana/Concentration/Rage/Steam costs reduced by 2,00%||Defeat the Undefeatables VIII & IX||Cape||1 99 26|
|Cruciate Peridot||Mana/Concentration/Rage/Steam costs reduced by 3,00%||++||Cape||1 99 26|
|Astral Peridot||Mana/Concentration/Rage/Steam costs reduced by 4,00%||++||Cape||1 99 26|
|Moonstone||1,00% increased critical hit rate||Full Moon(new)||Cape||1 99 26|
|40px||added soon||added soon||++||Cape||1 99 26|
|Huge Bloodmoon Stone||3,00% increased critical hit rate|
+ 90 Health Points
|25px+25px+25px||Cape||1 99 26|
|Small Accelerating Jewel||2% faster travel speed||The Jesters, Zumpe 10||Feet||2|
|Large Accelerating Jewel||3% faster travel speed||++||Feet||4|
|Huge Accelerating Jewel||4% faster travel speed||++||Feet||8|
|Small Equipment Fortifying Jewel||20% higher value armor on this item||The Jesters, Zumpe 10||Torso||2|
|Large Equipment Fortifying Jewel||30% higher value armor on this item||++||Torso||4|
|Huge Equipment Fortifying Jewel||40% higher value armor on this item||++||Torso||8|
|Small Jewel of Willpower||3% cooldown reduction||The Jesters, Zumpe 10||Amulet||2|
|Large Jewel of Willpower||4,5% cooldown reduction||++||Amulet||4|
|Enormous Jewel of Willpower||6% cooldown reduction||++||Amulet||8|
|Jewel of Enhancement||Crafting Gem||Dark Dwarf Heist & II & III & Winter Solstice Festival 2015||None||19926|
Important: Crafting gems using the Jewel of Enhancement does NOT grant you an achievement!
Tips to Save Storage Space
Store your extra, low-level gems in unused items and save storage space.
- Find normal (white) item in the wilderness with 4 gem slots (ones that can hold offensive gems and ones that hold defensive gems). You can also store gems in unused Unique items that you have in your inventory. Find a nice, safe spot in your inventory or Kobold's Vault to hold this item.
- At the jeweler, add a gem slot to the found item for 10 Andermant -- creating an item with 5 gem slots. (optional)
- Embed gems in this item and save up to 4 storage spaces using this method. Repeat with new items if you still need additional gem holders.
- Remove gems from these items when you are ready to craft a higher tier gem. You will be charged coins to unsocket gems.
- Bonus tip: Embed the same types of gems into the same item to simplify crafting.
- Bonus tip: When using the 'combine gem' or 'Work on gems and items' window, it is easier to use right-click to move the gem into the window than to drag it in. This will also reduce the likilhood of you dropping the gem by mistake.